Lincolnshire Leadership and Management Centre
Lincoln Business School, University of Lincoln sought assistance in refining the business case for a new Leadership and Management Development Centre as part of the Faculty of Business and Law’s move to the Brayford Waterfront in Lincoln.
The University sought market research & development consultancy to inform the provision for a Leadership and Management Development Centre with a particular focus on Small & Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) throughout the East Midlands. The Centre’s aims included the delivery of higher-level skills, business competitiveness, innovation and higher value adding activities to support both recession recovery and longer term business development.
Our work comprised five main areas:
- Assessing the market requirements for leadership & management development within SMEs, with a specific need to analyse and quantify higher level skills gaps.
- Developing a methodology and consulting with SMEs, third sector and client organisations to ascertain current and emerging requirements, investment criteria and delivery preferences.
- Consulting with professional and employer networks on the demand for leadership and management development and exploring any potential partnerships and synergies.
- Providing an evidence base that demonstrated the market requirements for leadership & management higher level skills development within the small and medium sized firm sectors.
- Reporting on our findings and recommending the provision.
Globe provided the University with detailed supply side evidence drawn from a mixture of desk research and mystery shopping to inform product development and pricing.
We established a strong demand side evidence base to underpin the emerging business plan based on a mixture of online survey, telephone and detailed face to face interviews with SMEs.
Globe’s reports were used to inform the Centre’s business case and credited by Lincoln Business School as making a significant contribution to securing £900,000 of public sector grant towards the new facility.