Like all of us, the Planning Inspectorate are taking measures in line with Government advice on social distancing measures.
The decisions taken at the moment are that:
- Hearings and inquiries have been postponed until further notice.
- PINS are considering the possibility of using technology to hold hearings but there are no plans as yet.
- It is possible there will be the opportunity for cases to be decided by written representations rather than a hearing/inquiry if all parties agree to this.
- Site visits that are unaccompanied will go ahead as long as the inspector doesn’t need to use public transport.
- Visits that are accompanied will not proceed until further notice.
- Visits that are due to be accompanied could become unaccompanied if parties agree.
We know that this is a difficult time for our clients and we are doing all we can to progress the projects we are involved in.
If your project is affected by the decisions taken by PINS we will of course be discussing the situation and available options with you directly, but please do contact us if you have any questions.